Friday, September 11, 2009

My Poppa .......



Dear God poured his healing rain in the form of bright sunshine and the birds rejoycing this Palm Sunday for us to celebrate the homegoing & the renewal of life of My Dear sweet Poppa. A true father in every sense of the word. Absolutely Thoughtful, Generously Giving, High Spirited, Awesomely Humorous (will leave you crying from laughing so hard) and a true Christian with the love of God in his heart & soul. Beloved husband to his wife Shirley Louise Hofmann for almost 60 years and loosing her suddenly 13 years ago. A loving father to 6 of his own natural born children and took care of 2 very special youngmen from his Boy-Scout Troop in their time of need. He raised his grand-daughter after loosing one of his own precious daughter to cancer of whom he had literately breathed the life back into her twice during the 5 years time that the Good Lord had Blessed her with after finding out she had Hodgkin's Disease.He was a Boy-Scout Leader & Counselor for 40& year's, every summer he had like mega leave time and always took us to slamming summer vacation's. He would work his body to exhaustion to support his quite large family and never had to depend on the system to help him provide for them(not even free lunches for us kids at school) and provided a modest life style for us. He retired from the Pepco Power Company after 41 years of dedicated service running the steam engine's up & down the coal mines of Va. My father has always been the strongest man I know in heart & soul, body & mind. He had a spirit that would never give up on anything but he was weary & tired and missed my mother so greatly. He has done his job well that the Good Lord put him on this earth to do and he was ready to return home to Christ, his soul mate and to his beloved daughter. My father is in Florida and was in the loving care of my oldest sister Martha and older brother Bobby through out his journey home. May God always abundantly Bless you Angels for giving him his last days surrounded in the love that he poured upon all of us. We knew the time was coming close for him as he was preparing for his eternal life. He passed peacfully in his sleep. His suffering and pain is over. We will be bringing him home to celebrate his Home Coming to Jesus, his precious beloved and his baby girl my sister Ruth Ann. May God Bless You & watch over you Poppa until our souls reunite again. Thank you for my life. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being everything to me that you could possibly be. You so deserve the peace you sought ... Fly with your precious angels Daddy fly high our over mountain and let your sprit soar and I will always think of you in our lil slice of peace & heaven you took us to the most. Thank you for teaching me how to be at peace as I grieve you alone in body but feel you & mommy holding me ever so tight ...
I love you Daddy & Mommy!
xoxoxo,
your baby girl ...
Me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment