Friday, October 23, 2009

OK, it's been too long sense I've gotten back to this but here it goes ...

This research has been totally AWESOME & EXCITING & kinda a quest I am on for the love of FAMILY! I never fit in my maternal family here. My Poppa always told me I am just like my Dear Mother! The black sheep! I am her spitting image. Heart, mind & soul ... I am my mother's daughter! I don't look like my dad nor any of my siblings as they all take after Poppa.

I have actually found other descendants of my Momma's family all over the country!

First there's cousin Brett in who had a family tree with the same greatx3grandfather's as ours that I found in Geni.com. He then put me in touch with his Mom Nancy in Oregon who is most def a beautiful soul. This is cousin Nancy(on the right)with a dear friend of hers. Her brother Charles use to write back & forth with my Grandpa Harold Bryant(my mother's father). I remember my grandparents going west on the train to visit them when I was young. She's 78 years old now. I SO wish I could someday meet her. She read a lot of my writing's & posting in my other blogs & said I am a lot like her! :-) ... She so totally reminds me of my mother! I can see the family resemblance big time in her & her son Brett.



Then a really nice woman named Dianna in Mass and a few days ago a guy named Pat in Texas. They are cousins. Pat heads up The Bryant DNA Project so I sent off a hair clipping for testing. YEP ... WE ARE FAMILY!!! :-)

They have totally traced the family way back into the 1400's!! We are from great King's & Queen's ... oh what life would have been like had our grandpa Abraham Bryant had not came to America! Better yet, what life would have been like had my mother been able to stay in better touch with her father's family. My grandmother didn't like the Bryant's and moved my mom & her brother down to Md. from Mass when Mommy was only 11 yrs old. But then again ... had she not, Mommy would have never met Daddy & there would not be no me! :-)

Here are lot's of different site listing's with soooo much information about the family. Mostly about Great grandpa George as he did serve in the war, played in the band for Abraham Lincoln & was a famous violin maker in Mass. I have been in total awe reading & learning about him & proud that I am his great great granddaughter!

This book tell's the whole history of our family!
http://books.google.com/books?id=86rbSq2FhdYC&pg=RA2-PA302&lpg=RA2-PA302&dq=Sarah+Francis+Bryant&source=bl&ots=EbRro8IeV4&sig=iXxrtPCi5LwMuiMUMLMNgPO__Vk&hl=en&ei=3iahS-CRO8L_lgfFzL3YDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CBUQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=%20Bryant&f=false
Great Great Grandpa George & his brother Cyrus both served in the band!
http://www.1stbrigadeband.org/website/default.html
A book with letter's that George wrote when he served in the war. He was a Col.!
http://www.archive.org/stream/storyofvicksburg00hoba#page/4/mode/2up

No comments:

Post a Comment